Oy

And I thought last week was a bad week.


Hellacious pressure at work these days, with lots of tough projects looming on the horizon and not enough hours in the day to get them done. On top of that, I'm stressing over the big birthday bash, since most of the cooking and preparation can't be done until the end of the week. The planning is slowly killing me.

On top of THAT, today, my personal friend and right hand man, came into my office and handed me the dreaded white envelope containing a letter informing me he is resigning. I am totally fucked. I don't know how I am going to be able to keep my head above water with him gone. Worse than that, I am so unbelievably hurt that he didn't discuss this with me, didn't give me any warning - just walked into my office like any other employee and gave me three lousy weeks. This weekend our families were together. He was teaching my son to swim. Not a word about it. I think he's crazy to leave for the opportunity he's pursuing. It took everything I had not to jump out my office window today. Everyone who heard called me to see if I was okay.

I'm okay. It's not a death. I didn't lose my job. My feelings are hurt right now, but I'll get over it. I'm good at getting over it. In the long run it will be better for my department because it will shake everyone up and get them to step up to the next level, myself included. I will learn alot. It will be good. But tonight I'm not going to sleep.

On the plus side - I got my blackberry back, I bought a fabulous new pair of shoes, the shape shift shawl is done and my son is tremendously excited about his party this weekend.

Perspective.

Priorities.

I'm okay.


7 comments:

Zoya said...

Maybe he was worried that you'll change his mind while he knows that the best thing for him is to move on?

I hope your week will improve and the birthday party will go extremely well.

Bezzie said...

Ugh. That blows. He probably didn't know how to bring it up. "Oh hey, we'll be over for swimming later, and by the way, I'm interviewing for a new job!"

Rachael said...

He probably was afraid to tell you. Figured it would be easier at the office? I can understand your sleeplessness though!

Hey - can't wait to see what you have in store for the big b-day party! You're going to post it right?! Hope it all goes well. We've got our own big shin-dig this weekend that is stressing me out. (Kristen is getting baptised and Lori's baby is getting dedicated and we're doing a program and dinner and relatives are coming out of town....)

Lauren said...

I think he was probably afraid to tell you also. He probably didn't want to hurt you and possibly have you talk him out of it.

Ruth's Place said...

Hope the party goes well, and that next week is much better than this one was.

dana said...

I've been out of your blog loop for a while but I'm so happy to be back reading. I love love love the look of your blog!!! The blue, the orange, the design is fabulous! Your little monkey is getting so big too! To fast! Looking forward to catching up.

Lori said...

He obviously knew how mad you'd be, and like everyone else thinks, that you'd probably try to talk him out of it. That sucks - but your right, it could be worse, no one died.

Take a benadryl if you can't sleep, it works wonders.

Post a Comment

About me...

My son is adopted.  I love to knit.  I'm the breadwinner and my husband is a SAHD.  Yes, I am slightly off center from the norm.  So?