So here's the latest.
This is my new blog. I am going to attempt to have this be my "public blog" (no references to any other places you may know me from, please) and keep my private blog, well, for private matters. Like bitching about work, husbands, and adoption agencies.
Speaking of which, I am this ----> <------ close to actually finally and officially starting the second adoption. I've spoken to the agency and the home study agency and I plan to mail off the check for the home study tomorrow. For those of you keeping track of the cost of this one - officially tally so far is $400. I am so excited to be using a new agency with real live NICE PEOPLE instead of the beyotch I had to deal with last time. Their fees went up 3 times in the last year and when I asked why the last quote didn't include the "second kid discount" like the first two, the answer I got was basically "times are tough, costs are high, if you don't like it, kiss my ass and use some one else". So for once I gladly took her advice. As of right now we aren't going to specify gender. So I'm hanging onto the monkey's toddler clothes until we know for sure. No idea what the wait is, but I do know that as of right now there are only two families ahead of us. We are at level "cautiously optimistic" here.
The monkey is awesome. He will be three in September and he cracks us up to no end. Just this evening I carried him upstairs "Fiona style" (over my shoulder a la Shrek) to make him laugh because he didn't want to get ready for bed. When I put him down he said "hooo - you make me nervous!" which was clearly from me - everytime his father, uncle or grandfather throws him around I'm known to keep saying "you're making me nervous!"
We've camped several times in our new pop up and I must say that I LOVE it! The absolute best parts are the heater and the cassette toilet - it is so COZY in there at night. We're planning a local trip with some family in July and then we're doing a week in Maine. Not sure how I'm going to hold up for an entire week - but I guess it will be good practice for the week we're going to spend camping in Disney next year. I should be okay if the 24 hour drive down doesn't kill me first.
I"m having a bit of an identity crisis these days. I work alot, and when I'm not working I'm spending time with the monkey - which I love don't get me wrong...but I'm starting to lose myself a little in the process. I don't have much time to myself anymore and I feel totally stifled creatively. I have a list of knitting projects I want to get done and I can't seem to squeeze them in. I'm starting to stress a bit because my craft studio will need to be converted into another kid's room soon and I'm afraid I will lose that part of me forever. To help this, I am working with the husband to redo our boiler/laundry room - and it will include a desk and cabinets for me to store and work on my crafty stuff. I'm also trying to get back into blogging (obviously). I feel badly that I no longer keep in touch with many people, but moreover I feel badly that they've moved on without me. I want to reconnect!
All this freaking rain is not helping my mood. I think we may have to build an ark soon. Maybe I should look into buying some sheep so I can knit. Forty days and nights is a long time. Speaking of knitting, why is it that when I finally settle on a pattern, I don't have the right yarn to knit with? You would think with all the damn yarn I have I would find something suitable, but NO. (Which reminds me, I'm going to be unloading a bunch of yarn and other craft supplies when I move into my new smaller craft space - stay tuned, maybe you'll want some of it.) Hey, maybe if I write a list of my projects it will help me stay on track (you may need to harrass me). Here they are in order of required deadline:
- Booties and bib to go with the Tiramisu Blanket for a baby gift (baby due any day now). There are no good bootie patterns for worsted wieght out there. I have an adorable mary jane pattern but I need to adjust my guage, first attempt was a big footed failure. Bib I think I'm just going to wing.
- Helena toddler sweater, On the sunny side sun hat and the same mary janes as above for a very overdue baby gift (she's now 8 months old - oops).
- Slippers for the monkey, just bought this pattern
- A shawl for my brother's girlfriend (assuming she's still around by August - you never know with him), not sure which pattern yet, maybe the Kimono Shawl since I have the Folk Shawls book. If anyone has a suggestion for a pretty rectangular shawl let me know.
- Slippers for me and the husband to wear in our camper - only if I find a decent pattern
- A shawl/wrap for me for my sub zero office - haven't decided on a pattern yet
- The Susie Hoodie from Big Girl Knits for me because I'm a big girl and I knit (see how that works?)
So, sorry I've been away, and I hope you'll come back again!