Back to life, back to reality


Since we came back from Maine I've been trying to adjust to being back. It's amazing how noisy and smelly the big city is when you've spent a week in the serene quiet of the north Maine woods. The boy did remarkably well, I think the only issue we really had is that the campground was really quiet, and we had to keep telling him to ask his never ending toddler questions in his "library voice" with minimal success. The thing he loves most is to walk back to the camper from the showers in his pajamas. Each time he would repeat my warning not to trip on the tree roots in the dark in his loud giggly voice. Every time he said "don't fip on the roops" I nearly peed my pants. Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Crocheting on the way up. These are little button loafers for a co-worker who had a baby boy two weeks ago. I also mostly knitted another pair of mary janes, (same designer, can you tell?)which I still have to finish up.


Our (mostly) quiet little corner of the universe.


The campground was on Lake Richardson way up in Western Maine. No cell service for miles
A little hiking:

With alot of mud:

Roasting marshmallows:

Day trip to the top of Mt Washington in New Hampshire:
With an afternoon at StoryLand:
Playground time at Rangeley:

Progress on the Shape Shift Shawl - Some done on the loooooong ride home and some done since then at home. I have about 10 out of 14 pattern repeats done. The recipients birthday was today, but I didn't see her so I have until next week. Hopefully I'll be finished. The pattern is moving along nicely and I love the color.
Next up - The monkey's 3rd birthday bash. As usual, I am overdoing it. More later. Have a good week!






6 comments:

Bezzie said...

He's gonna be 3 already????? Good lord he's so cute!!! What a relaxing looking vacation. And I'll bet it was cool up there too!

Lauren said...

I am glad you sent the reminder because you are right, got used to the warning a new post was available. Looks like you have been having a great summer. That thing with your work was crazy.

I so need to post on mine also. But I have been stuck in facebook. Sad I know.

Rachael said...

It looks so gorgeous and peaceful. I've never been to Maine. What in the world do you do with a 3 year old all day to keep him entertained camping, you brave woman?!

Zoya said...

It looks so beautiful, but I love lakes. Maybe when I retire I can live next to one.

Lori said...

I love those little booties, so cute. The camping looks fun, I bet your boy had a blast. Can't wait to hear about the b-day bash, I thought your crab party was over the top.

beagle said...

the "hey come read this" email is VERY helpful for the likes of me!

Now I have to catch up . . . !

B

Post a Comment

About me...

My son is adopted.  I love to knit.  I'm the breadwinner and my husband is a SAHD.  Yes, I am slightly off center from the norm.  So?